15 February 2007

The Lala Peel Session

The internet continues to make music obsessing easier and faster - now only if it provided an income I'd be set. Those adopting mp3 blogs as the 21st century's radio (and who own Macs) should check out Peel, an iTunes lookalike that will grab songs and blog pages while you steam your milk or whatnot. If you like what you hear, click one thing to download and another to add it to your iTunes. Who needs all those expensive servants?

They might come in handy fetching the old CDs from your closet that you want to trade on Lala, however. I'm just getting started on this, but the story goes that if you have some discs that don't come out of hibernation much, you can send them off to new homes and get a different one for $1.75, shipping included. I'm not sure yet how often the, you know, good CDs actually become available (is anyone really crazy enough to give up their Numero Group discs? I hope so...), but for those "gee I've always intended to check that out but I'm sooooooo lazy" albums it seems worth the gamble.

The problem remains that it's quite possible for a lad to spend so much time acquiring music that there's not much left to enjoy it, but I'm sure I'll come up with a system. Do iPods work in the shower?

No comments: